- Little to no pain – Fixing your teeth takes care of an array of issues including jaw, facial, or even neck pain. When you replace a decayed or rotting tooth you put your oral health back on track, and you can eat and talk without feeling discomfort.
- Great Smile – Getting a replacement tooth to fill a missing or broken tooth will restore your smile and give you a natural and healthy look.
- Oral Health Improvement – As you age, it’s really important to keep your mouth and teeth in good health. Replacing that lost or decayed tooth allows you to properly floss, brush, and clean the area to maintain optimum oral standards. Replacing that tooth keeps the gum area supported, which prevents bone loss.
Restoration of Dental Implants in Knoxville, TN
There is no reason to suffer from decayed, broken, or chipped teeth any longer. With dental implants, you receive a replacement tooth that feels real, looks natural, and will function and last as long as your original teeth. Not only do implants restore the appearance of your smile, but they are also great for the general oral health and structure of your mouth. Lynnwood Dental offers dental implant restorations. Let our friendly and amazing staff help you get started! Our office provides the customized restoration of your dental implant procedure. You will visit a specialist to have the first part of your implant placed and then visit us for the final tooth placement.
We understand that missing or decaying teeth from gum disease or other issues can be embarrassing and scary. Perhaps you have lost confidence and have stopped smiling in pictures or are experiencing discomfort and pain. It’s time to talk to your dental professional about your options.
Why Do I Need this Procedure?
There are so many reasons why many people need this restorative treatment. Over time, many patients develop tooth decay, chips in their teeth, or broken teeth from injuries or gum disease. This procedure provides a long-lasting, natural-looking solution that can last a lifetime.
The procedure provides patients with a prosthetic tooth, or crown, that is almost identical to your natural tooth. The customized crown connects to a prosthetic root implanted into the jawbone for a firm foundation and long lasting results. The new tooth will operate just like a natural tooth and will match your other teeth allowing you to chew, talk, and smile with confidence.
Is this Procedure Right for Me?
You may be wondering if this procedure is the right choice for your situation. The best way to assess whether or not you are a good candidate for dental implants is first to undergo a consultation with Dr. Boren. She will guide you through your options, examine your teeth, and help determine the best route for you. You can take the first step towards a healthier smile by setting up an appointment with her and receiving a full consultation and examination. She will also make sure your medical history is safe for this procedure.
Why Dental Implants?
The dental implant procedure is one of the best options out there for long lasting and professional looking results.
Some of the benefits include:
The dental implant process is accomplished in a series of steps initiated by a specialist and completed by Dr. Boren. After the initial consultation, assessment, and exams, Dr. Boren will refer you out to a trusted and experienced specialist for the root placement and will complete any necessary impressions. The impression will be used to create a tooth that matches your other teeth perfectly.
- During your procedure, an oral surgeon will administer a local anesthetic to prevent any discomfort to the tissue and gum area while they begin the implementation of the new tooth root.
- A replacement tooth root is created out of titanium and placed inside the bone socket area where your natural tooth and root once existed.
- After the root part of the procedure, your mouth, gum, bone and tissue will need to fuse with the new tooth root. This process can take anywhere from 6 weeks to several months.
- Your oral surgen will then expose the implant and place an “abutment” on top of the titanium root. This abutment is the attachment site for the crown.
- Dr. Boren will then attach your custom crown to the abutment and make any last minute adjustments for a perfectly restored smile.
How to Care for Dental Implants
Many patients report little to no discomfort after their tooth replacement procedure. Over the counter medications for pain relief can be used afterward. Normal activity is resumed quickly after the process is complete.
Taking care of your new teeth is essential to your oral health. It’s important to obtain routine check-ups and cleanings with your dental provider. Daily flossing and brushing and regular care can provide assurance that your dental implant will last a very long time if not a lifetime.
Call us at our office today to learn more about our services at Lynnwood Dental.