- Food – different types of food and spices on a regular basis can cause stains to set on our teeth
- Smoking – any form of smoking such as cigarettes, cigars and more can discolor teeth.
- Medicine – different forms of medicine can cause dry mouth and yellowing causing abnormal wear and tear over time.
- Beverages – wine, tea, coffee, soda and other beverages can make our teeth look dirty and yellow over time, especially if we drink them daily.
- Maturing Teeth – our teeth mature and age over time, sometimes they just need a whitening boost!
- Injuries/Grinding of Teeth – minor injuries, cracks, chips or the act of grinding our teeth can eventually create a discolored look.
Teeth Whitening in Knoxville, Tennessee
Giving your teeth a new look can easily be accomplished with teeth whitening. A bright, healthy, and clean smile can change your entire appearance. Build confidence and get your teeth whitened today with your Knoxville, Tennessee teeth whitening experts at Lynwood Dental. Our dental bleaching procedure is affordable and attainable for all patients.
The best way to decide which treatment option is right for your teeth is to set up a consultation appointment with Dr. Boren and review the type of products that are utilized for this procedure. Everyone has different shades of teeth, different levels of staining, and may need different results. While there are many over -the-counter whitening products to choose from, only professional whitening services from a dentist produce long-lasting, dramatic whitening effects.
Life can be rough on our teeth. Wear and tear and daily use can cause staining and discoloration. Many things we encounter on a daily basis cause this problem including:
Bleaching your teeth reverses signs of an aged smile and provides an improvement in your overall appearance. It is one of the quickest and most affordable ways to get a fast smile makeover!
Different Methods and Systems
There are a lot of dental whitening methods on the market. Your dentist will have a variety of systems available in-office for the procedure of brightening teeth. They generally will offer everything from superior professional products that can brighten severely discolored cases to milder products that a patient may even be able to take home. In most cases, they will offer a bleaching tray procedure.
How Does Bleaching Work?
Bleaching is usually performed with trays that are placed over the teeth. It is called “bleaching” because the activating gel whitens beyond the natural color of the teeth and will remove any stains that are below your tooth enamel. Tray methods usually provide the desired result in a fast turnaround time.
We also offer deep bleaching that lasts longer than any over-the-counter methods available to patients. These systems remove stains that have been on the teeth for a long period of time.
The Teeth Whitening Process
- Dr. Boren protects your gums and applies the whitening gel directly to the teeth.
- Treatment will be left on the teeth for a specific time determined by your whitening needs. In some cases, an additional visit may be required.
Some dentists do provide patients with take home options and personal treatments for whitening methods. This may be the right option for someone who just wants to slightly brighten their teeth. It usually is not as strong a result as an in-office whitening tray procedure. You apply the method yourself at home with trays that fit like a mouth guard onto your teeth.
In-Office Whitening or Over the Counter Whitening?
It goes without saying that your best option for a successful whitening procedure is with Dr. Boren. You are guaranteed great results and the right shade when working with her. If you have any upcoming procedures such as bonding or implants you will want to make sure your new shade matches. When you work with a professional, you know your teeth will look evenly bleached and your gums and mouth will be protected during the process.
We are your Knoxville, Tennessee teeth whitening dental provider. Call our professional team today to book an appointment.